Alberta winters are so long and cold, the last thing I want to do when it;s -30 is leave the house let alone workout. I try one or more of the following to get my arse to the gym when my will power is snuggled under the covers.
- Try a New Class. Your local gym or Community fitness center offers tons of new classes during the winter season. Trying a new classes its a great opportunity to shake things up. ( Check out some of the new classes we have tired: Cross fit and Orange Theory)
3. Make Fitness dates with Friends. Having someone to workout with and keep you accountable is my biggest motivator. Knowing if I cancel on them they wouldn’t get there workout in makes me feel awful.
4. Sign up for a Challenge. I’m extremely competitive and must win at everything I’m challenged to ( its a problem). Challenges are a great way to meet a goal and stay focused. My favorite places to sign up for challenges are: Challenge Loop, Under Armour and Pinterest.
5. Sign up for a race. If your a frequent visitor of the blog, then you know Jenny and I are race fanatics! We usually sign up for 10 or more races a year. It the only way I keep my training up.
6. Dress the part. When I buy new fitness gear I want to try it out immediately.
10. Plan a Beach Vacation. Knowing I have to wear a bikini in a few months is mega motivation.
Question: How do you stay motivated when its cold outside?